On this day in 1979, Iranian religious leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini returned home after 14 years in exile. This morning, the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran reenacted the very important moment in their country’s history with a very bizarre ceremony — and a cardboard cut-out of Khomeini. Read more.
[Image: Mehr News Agency]
So, this happened.
- pieterzandvliet likes this
- glovek77 likes this
- panourisolare reblogged this from shortformblog
- panourisolare likes this
- electriccigarette-reviews reblogged this from kohenari
- afredos-selfdefenseclasses reblogged this from shortformblog
- cougar--dating reblogged this from theatlantic
- beauty-salon-marketing-pro reblogged this from shortformblog
- littlebuddykirsten reblogged this from seaofgreen and added:
- theatlantic posted this